5x7 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas For The 3 of Us!

Because I am just a few days away from popping we weren't able to travel for Christmas. It was our year to be in California and we weren't able to go. Luckily for Skype we were able to see Jer's family open presents and visit as if we were there for Christmas morning. I wasn't sure how I was feeling about a Christmas with just Jer and I but I acutally really enjoyed it. It really gave me an opportunity to think about how grateful and blessed I am to have him in my life and the joy this little baby is for us. With it such a quite and quick morning we were able to really reflect on the Savior and I really enjoyed that special time with Jeremy.

Christmas Eve we spent the day making fun little treats together and then went to a movie. When we got out of the movie we noticed we had a VERY flat tire and spent the next hour trying to get it fixed, however, not much was open at 6 on Christmas Eve. We finally got it blown back up and able to drive on and decided we would get a Little Caesars Pizza for dinner. I thought this was so silly, in all my life I have NEVER had pizza for Christmas Eve dinner! The amount of people that were also getting a pizza cracked me up, I had no idea it was such a popular thing to do. We then came home and watched Polar Express, ate our pizza, exchanged our Christmas P.J's, read the Polar Express and went to bed. Here we are sportin our new P.J's.







I think Jeremy thought that since we were on our own for Christmas we would be able to sleep in and just get up whenever and open our gifts! Silly him! I was wide awake at 5am! Whether this was due to the fact that I was rather uncomfortable all night with my huge belly or that I was so excited to see if Santa came I'm not sure! But we got up at 5:45 and came out to see that Santa had found us! He left a few fun suprises and even left a little something in baby Sadie's stocking!



So for our gifts to each other this year we decided we would each make a list, give it to the other person, set a spending limit and both be totally surprised at what we got. So we didn't help each other pick out anything and it was so much fun to see what we opened. Jeremy is so easy to please, if I gave him anything for the Wii he would be tickled and his Christmas/Birthday is the only time a year that he actually gets clothes. He will not buy himself clothes any other time! So it's a really fun time for me to stock him back up for another year! Anyways, his list consisted of a few things he wanted for the Wii, clothes, and a wide variety of kitchen cooking items. This is Jeremy opening his new measuring cup thing...this was by far his favorite gift, he smiled ear to ear when he opened it! So funny, he told everyone all day about the measuring cup he got!



Ok, so here is the funny part of the morning. Like I said we each developed our Christmas lists and gave them to each other to decide what to buy. Jeremy's list was pretty long but he was getting birthday and Christmas out of it. One of the items he WISHED for was a Wii Fit, I told him right from the beginning that he probably wasn't going to get that because he needed other stuff more and he was getting the Guitar Hero for the majority of his gifts. He seemed fine with the whole idea and we went on from there. I usually can think of tons of things I want for Christmas and new clothes is always a big one. This year getting clothes would have been torture because I'm so extremely large and so close to being due that it would have been a waist to by me something that fits now and it would have been depressing to by me something that would fit later! So I just had a few things on my list and thought it would be great to save the money and use it on the baby. Well my sweet darling husband thought it would be a great idea to buy his wife that is 9 months pregnant and 155lbs a Wii Fit! Yippy! Ok, so I wasn't really mad about it, I just thought it was silly and we laughed about it the entire day! He mentioned when I opened it that I could take it back and use the money to get some other things I wanted, but then I went and took a nap and when I woke up he already had it opened and was playing with it! It seems this was a tricky way to get what he wanted! So... we then decided it might be good if I got on now so that after the baby was born it looked like I had lost a bunch of weight and then I would feel so good about myself! Ha! During the summer, (when I was still skinny) we borrowed a friends to try and the Wii saves the information in the system. So when I got on my little Mii all of a sudden jumps up and literally blows up in the air! It started out as this little skinny Mii and when it lands back on the ground the Mii was actually fatter! I could not believe this, how rude! My Mii was very overweight and had the largest booty! Then the screen proceeds to give me my BMI which indicated that I am about one point away from OBESE! Then it goes on to tell me how much I've gained since the last time I got on and that I really need to start working out! If I was not pregnant this would really be awful, but still! To top it all off Jeremy is sitting in the background laughing hysterically! Tears were rolling down his face and everything! Great gift sweety! SO... here I am opening the gift, smiling as if it was the greatest thing ever!



So now that I've told on Jeremy for his little mistake of taking his list to the store with him instead of mine. I now have to BRAG about him because he totally made up for it with his gift! I told him I wanted an apron and I showed him a couple of pictures of what it was I liked and even took him to a store in the mall that sold them. They were SOO expensive and I was really having a hard time feeling ok about him spending $30 on an apron for me. So I just let it be and decided he could try and find something cheaper or be the one to decide to spend the money on it. A few nights ago Jeremy told me he needed to wrap up my present and so I needed to go in our room for a while. I kept thinking I could hear my sewing machine going but I thought Jer was making a baby blanket because he kept mentioning that he wanted to. Well look at this, it was not a baby blanket he was making at all it was an apron! He went to JoAnne's picked out the fabric and made this apron from scratch! No pattern or anything, and he even put the pockets on himself! I was so excited when I opened it! This is by far the best gift anyone has ever given me! I love that when I put it on that I will be able to think about him working away on the sewing machine to make this for me...I think I will have him make me a few in other colors! How cute is this! I'm sure it would look much better if I wasn't so large, it hardly fits around me now but it sure will be cute once I've had this baby and gotten back in shape with my Wii Fit!! I love you Jer! Your a sweet little husband! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!



I just also have to say Thank You very much to Linda Charlton, my sisters mother-in-law. She invited us over for Christmas dinner which saved Jer from left over Pizza! It was really nice to be with some family and really enjoy the best part of Christmas day! Thank you for having us, it was very nice, and we enjoyed it VERY much! We ended our fabulous Christmas going to a movie and then sitting home watching the beautiful blizzard outside! It was a wonderful day!

Well I hope you made it to the end of this blog, but if you didn't I understand! This has become a great way for me to journal because I'm so bad at it otherwise! At least I have some written memories somewhere! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and hopefully the next family update will include new pictures of the little one!

No comments: