Monday, June 15, 2009
I Should Have Knocked On Wood!
So a couple of weeks ago I was telling someone that we were so lucky that Sadie had never been sick and how amazing it was because she was born in December. Well, I should have knocked on wood when I said that because about a week later she started getting really fussy and was running a fever and had a runny nose, I brushed it off as teething but it just kept getting worse. She hasn't slept very well in the night for about a week and she kept vomiting. I started getting really worried because she wasn't eating, we finally had to give her pedisure which she loved! When I called the doctor he thought she had a bladder infection and thought I needed to bring her in to get a catheter. I took her in today and was just freaking out! Jeremy couldn't go and after not sleeping for a few days I was emotionally not ready to handel that by myself. Luckily, he decided to check her ears first to make sure she didn't have an ear infection, and sure enough she did. I was so glad we didn't have to put in a catheter! He gave her some amoxicillan and the smell of that has brought back childhood memories of being sick myself! Sadie liked the bubblegum flavor quite a bit! Anyways, she is finally sleeping peacefully but I guess we'll have to see how long that lasts! A sick baby is no fun at all, I really wish I would have knocked on wood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment