I can't believe that it's the last week of Summer! This Summer has flown by sooo fast! It's crazy to think that in a few short 4 months Sadie will be ONE?? What?? Life needs to slow down! Anyways I thought I'd blog our final adventures of Summer before I'm back to work and school and the crazy life of trying to be a mom/student/employee all at once! We have had a few fun weeks in August. I'm not really in the mood to blog but I need to get this done so I am just going to post one weekend tonight and then tomorrow I will post our other adventures! The first weekend in August Jer and I randomly decided to go camping, we THOUGHT we had the items we needed to go and then when it was 6pm loading the car we had pretty much nothing we thought we had! Lucky for us our neighbors let us borrow a tent, sleeping bags, and whatever else we needed! Jer found a great place to camp from his boss and we headed into the canyon...by 9pm we finally found an open camp site! It was actually a really great camp site and we had a lot of fun! Jer made tin foil dinners which tasted much better than they looked! Ha! I gave him a serious look of disgust when he brought them out but it was 9 and I was STARVING! Sadie LOVED camping. She slept so good that night I have considered putting her crib outside in a tent and seeing if she would sleep better! Sadie went to sleep pretty quick after we got there and Jer and I made Smores and played some cards for a while! It was great just getting out just the 3 of us and doing something as our little family. The next morning we got up and roasted bagelfuls on hotdog sticks for breakfast! These things are sooo yummy and very good roasted on the fire! We also roasted breakfast burritos on the fire, interesting yes, but they did turn out good!

Jer setting up the tent.Jer setting up the fire.
I love this picture! Jer is totally cheesing it and Sadie is laughing!
This is our dinner, it looks pretty nasty, but it was pretty good!
Sadie was such a little snuggler all night. She didn't mind the hard floor near as much as I did!
Headed to bed!
After we got all of our stuff packed up we headed into Bear Lake for Jeremy's work party. On our way we stopped at this monument where a WWII plain had gone down. It was actually really neat to see, there are a bunch of items they found around the area like the bottom of boots and pieces of the plane. It is such a sad story because all of these men on the plane were coming home from the war and their plane was over loaded with men. They got caught in a storm and the weight of the plane was too much. Anyways it crashed on the hillside there and killed everyone on board. I think that is soo sad! They made it through the war just to die on the plane home to there families!Headed to bed!
Anyways, so we took the back road to Bear Lake from our campsite and met Jeremy's boss and his family and the secretary Katie and her husband and sister. It was so much fun! It was perfect weather and Sadie loved being in the water. I am just going to say that this was such a nice thing for Jeremy's boss to do, they brought food and had big tents for shade and we really enjoyed our day there. Along with that I will also say that I feel so blessed to have Jeremy's working there...it is a constant reminder that Heavenly Father really took care of us when we needed it last summer, and that our prayers were truly answered. Jeremy and I talked about this on the way home from Bear Lake. It has been a year ago that he got that job and it seriously happened to fall upon us! I had applied Jeremy EVERYWHERE while he was helping my brother build a house I was trying to find both of us jobs. I seriously applied Jeremy to 20 or more places! Anyways I was at a job interview just around the corner from Kelly Electronics and Jeremy got sick of waiting for me so he randomly decided to call and see if they were hiring! They were and 2 days later he had the job! Of course he would get a job at the FIRST place he actually applies for! I wasted a lot of time! Anyways my point is that this job has been great. Jeremy loves it and his boss is so nice to us! He only works with his boss and then the cute girl that runs the store who Sadie loves! They are so kind to let Jeremy leave when he needs to and be flexible around unexpected situations. Sometimes things don't always go the way we initially anticipate and life really stinks sometimes but I feel very blessed that Jeremy has such a great place to work with great people to work with and that he likes it so much!

5 comments:
Is that really the length of your hair? because if it is, your hair has gotten freaking LONG!!! Sadie is so cute btw, oh and both you and Jer are cute too. :o) Sounds like you've had an adventureous month! Well, good luck with things and take care.
One hot Momma! Fun adventures!
such an adventurous family I love it! I have never been to bear lake but it looks like a fun place to go!
oh by the way do you still keep in touch with Nadia at all? I miss that girl..
Ha ha I love love those pictures of you guys and Sadie's smile just makes me grin :) You are looking great by the way!
Post a Comment